So, what exactly is Drupal?
Technically put, Drupal is a free and open-source content management system (CMS). Basically, it is a framework upon which websites and web applications can be developed. Since it is a free and open-source (FOSS) platform, you don't have to pay any licensing fees to use it and you get to draw upon a huge amount of code that has been freely contributed to the project by thousands of developers.
Since we love using Drupal so much, we are also very involved in helping better the Drupal community. Kirk Clawes, our Drupal evangelist, provides help to new Drupal users on the Drupal.org forums, co-manages the Fox Valley Drupal Meetup Group, writes articles and much more.
By using an Open-Source content management system, like Drupal, we are able to quickly develop a site that can meet any requirements you have. The best part is, once we've completed building the site for you, you can actually update and maintain it on your own. That means no more paying someone every time you want to change some text, add a new page or replace images on your website. It also means when your website really takes off, it is easy to bring on new people to maintain your site. However, if you prefer an entirely hands off experience, we are happy to provide that too.
Some of our Drupal services
- Consulting: Already have a site, but don't know what you actually need? We can analyze your strengths and weaknesses then provide you with a customized plan.
- Site development: When you need to get a website built, or completely rebuilt, we can work with you and do as little or as much as you require.
- Theme development: Sometimes, people are good at getting a site working on their own but getting it to look just right can be difficult. We can turn your design into a theme, or do the design for you as well.
- Module development: Perhaps you need Drupal to do a very specific task that no one has developed yet. If so, we can help you out!
- End-user training: Once we build a site for you, we can train your users on how to easily maintain it. Though training isn't always necessary it can be helpful if you have many people who will be managing your site.
- Maintenance: We are also happy to do the dirty work for you and keep your site maintained. This includes installation of module upgrades and security updates.
- Hosting: We realize you probably don't want to waste time trying to understand how to host a website and we're happy to do it for you.
- On-going management: If you don't want to update your site content, we can do that too!
If none of those items seem like what you need, don't worry! Instead, Contact us and let us know what you're looking for.